Skip to main content

No sleep for me

I ended up not getting much sleep again last night. It wasn't because of our unwanted guest staying in the chimney, it was because my little girl ended up having a upset stomach (which I thought at first was a stomach virus) and I awoke to her being sick (in the bathroom). She felt much better after it all got off her stomach and I cleaned her up and put her back to bed. Needless to say I couldn't sleep after all of that and I kept checking on her to make sure she was okay. I wasn't going to send her to school, because I thought she didn't get enough sleep. but she got up on her own this morning and wanted to go to school. Since she didn't have a bug, I decided to let her go. I'm sure when she gets home this evening she will be ready to crash on the couch.

This morning I finished up these lovely three ladies.




_________________________________________________________________________________


Here's something I thought I would share. This is a really fast rough sketch I came up with yesterday. I totally had a different idea with books in my mind. I mean nothing about this pose, design, etc. is what was on my mind. Oh well, LOL :D I believe it's for a reason. I guess this will end up being a part of a series if I ever come up with the other 8 ideas for the spiritual gifts.  It should be fun. Hopefully I can keep the ideas a little more simple, than my big projects. I figure these will end up being at around 11"x14". It all depends on the detail in small areas like in the faces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Newsletter

It's been a long time since I last post on this blog. I've been battling with my health for months now. At times it's been very discouraging. The one major blessing out of it, is I feel like trying anything and everything new with art. I finally dived into acrylic painting. I also have been wood burning a little. I got a bunch of supplies for sculpting, which I still need to get a few more things, before I start. There's still a lot of things I want to do, like oil painting and pebeo art. I want to eventually do handmade jewelry. I just don't mean regular jewelry like you see everyone else doing. I would like to design or sculpt the pendents. Right now I'm having a lot of fun with painting blank wooden frames with mermaid, fairy, and other fantasy themes. This one to the right is in my personal collection. I'm working on two right now. A unicorn theme for my daughter and dragon theme for my son. The kids are very excited and enjoy watching me work on them. …

Life and Art

Life:
Once again I'm battling my health and it's a lot more serious than before. For now I do not want to go into it. I'm just praying about it, waiting on the lord and praying for a healing.

A lot has happened since I last posted. My Father in-law passed. It was a shock, because it happened so fast. Then a little over a week ago, my Mother in-law's boyfriend passed away. There has been so much death in the family over the past few years. I'm ready for a break from all of it, but I know there is no choice in the matter.

Art:
I've been working on a project, off and on when I'm not battling my health. I'm only about 50% through it. It is different from my other works and I will be doing a lot of my future projects this way. I've learned a lot of new colored pencil techniques over the last couple of years. I'm really starting to add them into my works. I'm sorta leaning away from the heavy paintery style with mixed mediums, and wanting my work t…

May News Letter Updates

I've been very busy the last couple of weeks working on line art for digital stamps and coloring pages. I have decided to offer these from my website. There are so many marketplaces to sell online, but the downside is they keep changing their policies, prices and looks of the shops. I really thought long and hard about where I want to sell my work. I know it's going to be much harder to sell them from my website, because I won't have the exposure that the online markets have. However, I'm going to keep my art at two online marketplace and that's Store Envy and Zazzle. The shops are free, so there is no monthly bill for it. I most likely will not offer my digital goods at store envy, because they have partner with a company and the price is a little to steep for me right now.